Do you want to be a top WordPress consultant? Do you want to be confident that you can design your client’s website to match their wishes? You need to attend this meetup.
Tony shares the 10 steps to mastering the art of WordPress theme editing: you will learn to modify every element of a WordPress theme with pixel-perfect precision.
• You’ll learn the three ways to add code that won’t get overwritten on an update.
• You’ll learn to master the sidebar and widgets (and even learn to create new, sidebars.)
• You’ll learn to use the browser and browser extentions as your powerful allies in sorting out and tweaking the HTML elements on the webpage.
• You’ll discover the super powers of CSS to transform any element of a webpage to your vision.
• You’ll learn how to edit a theme’s “functions.php” file to add new pre-tested code snippets that transform menus and headers with powerful ease.
• You’ll learn how to find online tutorials that precisely describe how to modify your theme to overcome limitations and look professional and unique.
• You’ll learn how to take advantage of “theme hooks” to add and replace displayed information without breaking anything in the core WordPress files.
• You’ll learn which plugins can give you theme-editing superpowers that you never imagined were possible.
• You’ll learn why “point and click” themes will bring you headaches down the line.
• You’ll learn why Genesis and other frameworks are so popular among WordPress consultants.
SPEAKER: Tony Cecala, Ph.D.
• 1PM-2:10PM: Pizza Networking Lunch
• 2:10PM-2:30PM: Announcements
• 2:30PM-3:45PM: Presentation
• 3:45PM-4:45PM: Q&A and Networking